Sunday, January 18, 2009

One for two in predicting winners, two for two in wine choices

Ok, ok, so I went for a grand slam and only got a stand up triple. My prediction for both underdogs to win went South but Arizona kept my credibility from crumbling like a house of cards. As for the Super Bowl, well I have just under a couple of weeks to come up with my last football (and only second this year) prediction. But I can pretty much say that it won't be the Steelers. Bleh!

So I got half my game predictions right but we went two for two with our wines. My lovely daughter is still on holiday break from college and she and her boyfriend stopped over before heading back to college tomorrow. We opened a 2007 Latah Creek Semillon from Washington States Spokane Valley. Shelley noted vanilla notes in the nose and we enjoyed this "off the beaten path" white wine.

When the lasagna came out of the oven the last bottle of Beaujolais Nouveau came out of the pantry. We opened the first bottle of this wine at Thanksgiving this past year, right after it was released. Drinking a 2008 vintage in 2008 is interesting. Of course, this is very young, but it's always special and went with the lasagna perfectly.

So this wine blog thing seems to be off and running with four posts in the books. I appreciate you popping by and reading what's going on in our little world of enjoying wine and giving my "General Wine Thoughts".

'Til next time...

No comments: